Interested in a free one-on-one Health Coaching Consultation?
Email me at HealthCoachAmandaLiska@gmail.com , and together we will work to create your happiest, healthiest life!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

My Dirty Little Secret ;)

Want to know my dirty little secret??

I haven't worn deodorant in over a month.

Yep, you read that right...

and guess what?

I don't smell!

You can ask my students, third graders are brutally honest.
Seriously, I do not smell.

Before I tell you my solution, I must explain why I am SO excited about this....
A few years ago, in the beginning of my wellness journey my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Within my research I discovered that aluminum in antiperspirant has been linked to cancer. Having a long history of cancer in my family (who doesn't?), particularly breast cancer, I decided that my Dove antiperspirant deodorant was not worth the risk. Dove protected me through many, many years from stinky hormones in puberty, high school, and college. It wasn't an easy breakup, but I knew it was worth it....

It is natural for us to sweat, it is our body's natural cooling system. Think about that- why are we using chemicals to keep ourselves from sweating? It is just not worth the risk.

(Side-note: I may or may not have lost friends on this journey to find the right deodorant! ;) )

I have tried almost every single natural deodorant on the shelves. There are some that I like better than others, but none of them kept me stinky free as long as these common household items do. I have spent tons of money on deodorant, just to store them in my pantry, and eventually throw them away. When all along the most natural solutions were sitting in my kitchen and being used multiple times a day....

Coconut oil and baking soda.



It's super easy and cheap. All you need is a bottle of coconut oil (yes you can use coconut oil for everything-- $10) and baking soda ($2.50).

Then, create a paste by using approximately 1/2 tbs. of coconut oil with 1/2 tbs. of baking soda. Rub it together in your hands until the coconut oil is liquid and simply apply to your armpits. Rinse your hands off and get ready to take on your day in a healthy, not stinky way!

You may need to adjust the amount of baking soda you use-- the more you use, the more protection you will have.

Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments below! :)

Love, light, and a healthy (non stinky ;) ) body <3
A

No comments:

Post a Comment